Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival 12/11/11

Welcome! It's been a while since I've checked out Catholic Carnival or had a link to it. I'm glad to see so many bloggers taking advantage of the connection. I've decided to try to write a book again, and since I don't multi-task too well, my blogging has become very limited.

However, the recent events of the Penn State scandal have caused me to reflect on the blog about certain aspects of it, especially since I went to that school. I thought I would share them. Links are in the posts of the accusations of sexual misconduct against the former assistant football coach, Jerry Sandusky. As most of you probably know, these led to the firing of long-time coach Joe Paterno. It is not unlike the struggle that those in the Catholic Church continue to suffer even when they have nothing to do with the alleged or proven cases of sexual abuse. To be both Catholic and a Penn State alumnus is a double dose of shock. I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Animal Science from there.

Sad, Not Mad

A Terrible Time

The Victims

Changing Story

Penn State Alienation

The link to the Catholic Carnival host site is here at This, That and the Other Thing. To get to the Sunday Snippets post, click here.

May you all have a blessed holiday season.

No comments: