Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Muskegonmemories

My husband has had a website for several years called "Muskegon Memories." He made a template from software we had on our computer and posted it on a server. However, our computer had a temporary crash the other day and the template would have to be re-done from scratch. I've been wanting him to move to blogging for a while and convinced him this was the time. I set up the blog for him and he is now starting. The address is http://muskegonmemories.blogspot.com/ . He grew up in Muskegon and has worked here a good part of his life. He enjoys local history and volunteers in the archive department of our Muskegon County Museum. For months he has been scanning old pictures to be put in their digital library. Now you have on-line access to old pictures that have been gathered by the museum. If you are from this area and/or enjoy histories of various localities, give it a try!


As for the rest of the week, my mother is coming to visit from Ohio, so I have to get ready. I'm not the greatest housekeeper (not the worst either, I hope), so I've got to get out the vacuum and dustcloth. I'd like to get some things done around the house, but when you're trying to get a book out by Christmas shopping season, the rest just has to wait. Maybe someday I'll get those new curtains and re-paint the bathroom.

No comments: