Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Muskegonmemories

My husband has had a website for several years called Muskegon Memories. He made a template from software we had on our computer and posted it on a server. However, our computer had a temporary crash the other day and the template would have to be re-done from scratch. I've been wanting him to move to blogging for a while and convinced him this was the time. I set up the blog for him and he is now starting. The address is http://muskegonmemories.blogspot.com/ . He grew up in Muskegon and has worked here a good part of his life. He enjoys local history and volunteers in the archive department of our Muskegon County Museum (2019 Update: now called Lakeshore Museum Center). For months he has been scanning old pictures to be put in their digital library. Now you have on-line access to old pictures that have been gathered by the museum. If you are from this area and/or enjoy histories of various localities, give it a try!


As for the rest of the week, my mother is coming to visit from Ohio, so I have to get ready. I'm not the greatest housekeeper (not the worst either, I hope), so I've got to get out the vacuum and dustcloth. I'd like to get some things done around the house, but when you're trying to get a book out by Christmas shopping season, the rest just has to wait. Maybe someday I'll get those new curtains and re-paint the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. You do not have to agree, but please be civil. Thanks for your interest.