Friday, October 10, 2008

Catholic Interests


Along with Latin American studies and Intelligent Design theory, I'm interested in the Catholic Church in general, in unity of Christians, and in women's issues. I like to read Catholic news and opinion and it is nice to be able to access a whole variety online. I often read the online Catholic News Agency which is found HERE.

The Pope often speaks on the topic of materialism. It is easy to forget in our everyday life that money is not the bedrock of our existence. We try to assure our own security, but in the end we can't. Trusting in God is in a different dimension than trusting in money. Sure, we work in whatever profession we decide upon or have the opportunity to do and we try to be good stewards. But along with that is a deeper stream of "handing things over" to the Lord. It is allowing His will to be done. In that way we are not swept away with the winds of economic crisis. We look to the Lord for our well-being.

2019 Update: As I go through my blog I am finding many outdated links. I'm sorry if you have tried them and have found yourself at a dead end. I intend to change or delete any outdated links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. You do not have to agree, but please be civil. Thanks for your interest.