Friday, March 7, 2014

Free Reads!

I have added pages to my blog that hold FREE reading material.  One is a booklet, Heaven’s Passport, and the other a book, Unto Others. The page headings can be seen above, just under the blog’s top picture.

I had written Heaven’s Passport back in 2005. It addresses some common questions about Christianity in a straightforward way. It is meant to be a tool for evangelization, and can be read online or downloaded. It can also be printed into a 20-page booklet by anyone with 5 regular-sized pieces of printing paper and therefore passed along to others in this form.  I had it on my blog for a while but had taken it off.  I had done the cover of Heaven’s Passport myself and it was not very professional-looking.  So I decided to make the effort to purchase a cover designed by a local printing business, and it looks much better. Heaven’s Passport can be read in one sitting or in sections, and I hope you will take the time to read it or download it now for future perusal and sharing. It is in PDF form. If you download and need a reader program, I have the connection for the free Adobe Reader. Many computers come with PDF readers, so if you prefer to download, you may not have to do anything else. But if it doesn’t come up after downloading, you may need to also download the Reader.

Catholics are called to a “New Evangelization,” and there are a variety of ways we are trying.  In some ways the Internet provides unlimited horizons, but on the other hand there is a lot of resistance to the message. It is important for each individual to realize that he or she is someone whom God cares about and wants as His own. And so I am happy to ask anyone who comes here to feel very special. We Christians want to tell YOU about the salvation that is possible through Jesus Christ.

The other page holds Unto Others, a fictional mystery with Catholic themes. It is also FREE. I put it in two file forms (ePUB and PDF) so you can choose what is best for you.  I also have links to the programs that display these forms in case you don’t have them. If you use ePUB, the free Adobe Digital Editions is the program that puts it close to book form on your computer.  This can also be used to read books from public digital libraries, so it is worthwhile to have. If you choose PDF, instructions are already mentioned above for Heaven’s Passport.

I hope you will take the time to check out these pages.  Heaven's Passport and Unto Others are meant to be thought-provoking and enjoyable too. Catholics need to widen their horizons in the world of literature, and I’m trying to do my part. Read my books and see what you think!

No comments: