Saturday, February 26, 2022

Time to Write!

When, at the end of February, I saw “Merry Christmas” on my last blog post, my first thought was that I am behind again. My life has almost always seemed that way, at least as I remember it. There is more in it than I can keep up with, and I’m not sure if that’s true for everyone or just some of us.

I won’t go into details, as all of us know how it is to grow up in an age where there is much to learn in school, much going on with relationships, much to cope with at work. I think some roll with situations quickly, where others want to reflect on them, which takes time.

I have been very blessed to have the necessities of life, although sometimes I had to work for them harder than other times. Even in the times I haven’t had a conventional type of job, there are many things I’d like to say (and write), and to read, and to do, but can’t do them all. 

I repeatedly go to the Lord to ask for discernment to put things in order of importance so that I can tackle what I can without being totally bogged down. Discernment itself can be difficult, but it involves faith that Jesus hears and helps. I believe He keeps me going even though my rate seems slower, most of the time, than I think it should be or that others have. Then I must develop the confidence that I am falling in step with God and not really behind at all.

God can provide the sturdy footing for each of us to find our best pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. You do not have to agree, but please be civil. Thanks for your interest.